UniTrader Weekly Market Contest
OFFICIAL RULES and TERMS OF SERVICE
Please be advised that UniTrader Weekly Market Contest and the services and products described on www.UniTrader.com
and offered by BMFN are not being offered within Canada, Australia or the United States and not being offered to U.S., Australian and/or
Canadian residents or citizens, as defined under applicable law. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN, AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF,
THE ELIGIBILITY AREA. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES ("OFFICIAL RULES"). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE
DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. About the Contest:
UniTrader Weekly Market Contest (the "Contest") is a Contest of skill in which UniTrader users can compete against other
UniTrader users to win a $300 Real Trading Account with BMFN and is based on the user's knowledge and skill in managing a weekly market
contest, using contest equity. To win a $300 Real Trading Account a Contestant can only
portfolio consisting of Stocks, ETFs, Currencies, Metal and Stones. In addition to these Official Rules and Terms of Service, additional rules
and guidelines regarding Contest play and scoring (which are fully incorporated into these Official Rules by reference) are located at Contest
Instructions (the "Contest Instructions"). In the event of a discrepancy between the Contest Instructions and these Official Rules, the Official
You must be a legal resident of the Eligibility Area and at least 18 years of age or the age of legal majority,
whichever is older, in your country of residence at the time of entry to be eligible for this Contest.
The contest will begins each Sunday at 5:00 P.M. Eastern Time and concludes each week on Friday at the close of the
market at 4:30 PM.
4. How to Enter:
Registration is free and available 24/7. To enter, visit the Contest Entry Page at UniTrader.com/contest
. You first must
register for a free UniTrader Account, with which you may participate in the Weekly Market Contest. Your portfolio will only earn
Contest Equity after you register for your UniTrader Account and get automatically signed up to play the Contest. To be eligible for a $300 Real Account
Prize, you must register for an account, set up your portfolio and start a contest.
5. How to Start
This contest is open to all UniTrader users that have established a UniTrader Weekly Market Account.
- A contestant will be considered "Active" once the account is opened.
- The contest begins on Sunday at 5.00 P.M. Eastern Time and concludes each week on Friday at the close of the market at 4:30 pm.
- You can join the Contest any time during the duration of the contest.
- You will have $100,000 worth of Contest Equity to start with.
- The contestant with the highest total Contest Equity at the end of the contest will
win the Prize of $300 Real account with BMFN.
- Only one account is permitted per contestant/email.
- A contestant can participate in only one contest organized by BMFN.
- Group trading from 1 IP address is prohibited.
6. How to Sign up for an Account:
- In order to participate in UniTrader Weekly Market Contest, you must first have a UniTrader Account.
- Go to UniTrader.com/contest/ and click on "Join $300 WEEKLY TRADING CONTEST".
- Download UniTrader Platform.
- Click on Open a UniTrader Contest Account.
- Fill out your information and get a username and password. A copy of your username and password together with the terms will be sent to your email.
- By login into your account, you agree to our Contest Rules and Terms of Service.
- Log in into UniTrader Platform.
- Once you log in, you will automatically join UniTrader Weekly Market Contest, and your name will appear among contest participants.
- UniTrader will have a choice of 25 preselected stocks and other financial products. You can create your own portfolio by removing instruments you don’t want to trade and replacing them with your own selection.
- Click on “Stock Finder” and select products you want to trade, create your portfolio.
- Start the contest.
7. How to Create a Portfolio:
- To create your initial portfolio and add stocks from the different lists click
on "Stock Finder" section. You'll see a selection of Stocks, ETFs, Currencies, Metals and Stones.
- Check the box next to each Stock or ETF or Currency or Metals and Stones you
would like to select and click apply.
- You can select as many instruments as you like but be able to display in the
Market Rates Window only 25 Instruments. If you want to add an additional instrument, you have to deselect one.
8. How to participate:
- To participate in the Contest, contestants need to select instruments they want to play
with. Each contestant’s portfolio starts with $100,000 Contest Equity. The main objective of the Contest is to increase the value of
one's Equity over time. The contestant with the highest Equity at the end of the Contest Period is eligible to win the Prize.
- Contestants can search all instruments that are eligible for playing in the
Contest by using Stock Finder function.
- Contestants can select up to 25 instruments to display in the Market Rates Window
but can trade any Stock, Currency, Metals and Stones they want.
- Contestants can allocate all Equity or part of it among instruments that they select.
- Contestants can place Market, Limit or OCO entry orders.
- Contestant can use Stop, Trailing Stop or Limit exit/entry/closing orders.
9. Trading Times:
- Stocks and ETFs: Monday - Friday 9.30 am – 4.00 pm ET.
- Currencies: Sunday – Friday, Market opens 5 pm ET on Sunday and is open 24 hours,
closes at 4.30 pm on Friday ET.
- Metals and Stones: Sunday – Friday, Market opens 5 pm ET on Sunday and is open
24 hours, closes at 4 pm on Friday ET.
10. Trade Executions:
- All Rules and Limitations shall be enforced at time of placing a trade and during the
- Contestants can buy any amount and any instrument that Contest Equity will allow.
- All Contest instruments are offered on margin, Equities and ETFs 10%, Currencies 0.5%,
Metals and Stones 1%. Please refer to (i) for more information on each instrument.
- Overnight Swap Rates will apply to any open position. Please refer to (i) for more
information on Swaps.
- All Commissions and Transaction fees are waived.
- Contestants can receive a margin call and all positions will be closed.
- If a margin call is received, contestants can new positions.
- If a contestant does not have enough available equity to place a trade, the system
will show a warning message.
- All orders placed will be executed at the next eligible time of trade.
11. Portfolio Valuation:
- Contestants’ portfolio will always be marked to market in real time.
- Contestants can see their profit and loss in real time.
- Contestants can see available margin and how far they are away from a potential margin
call in real time.
- After market close or during weekends or market holidays, the portfolio is valued at the
last closing price of each instrument.
- Contestants can see updated up to a second static report with the information on current
and past trades as well as open positions.
12. Processing of Corporate Actions:
- UniTrader reserves the right to implement and enforce processing of corporate actions
contest wide on a case by case basis.
- Dividends are not supported. Contestants owning stocks that pay dividends during the
dates of the contest will not receive any cash credit for dividends as they would at a regular brokerage.
- The Contest will process limited corporate actions only, potentially including:
stock splits, mergers, and ticker symbol changes.
- The Contest will process corporate actions for current Stock positions holders only.
- Processing may be delayed by several days after the effective date of the action.
- Contestants who sell/liquidate the Equity before that processing occurs may not receive
the benefit of that action. Alternatively if a split increases a contestant’s equity, UniTrader will adjust the equity in the account.
13. Equity Quotes and Pricing:
For all pricing: All Currencies, Metal and Stone Quotes are real time Quotes. Equity Quotes delayed, except where
indicated otherwise. Delay times are 15 minutes for NYSE. Quotes and other information supplied by independent providers identified on the
UniTrader website. All information provided "as is" for informational purposes only, not intended for trading purposes or advice. Neither
UniTrader nor any of independent providers is liable for any informational errors, incompleteness, or delays, or for any actions taken in
reliance on information contained herein. By accessing the UniTrader site, you agree not to redistribute the information found therein.
14. Enforcement of the Rules and Limitations:
UniTrader reserves the right to implement and enforce the Rules and Limitations Contest wide or on a case by case
basis. In general, the Rules and Limitations shall be enforced upon time of trade placements and during active Contest play.
UniTrader reserves the right to implement and enforce exceptions Contest wide or on a case by case basis. In
general, once a trade is placed, violations to the Rules and Limitations happening due to a time difference between placing a trade and trade
execution will be permitted. Also, violations due to special circumstances such as corporate events, spinoff, etc. or where there is a violation
not due to direct player actions (e.g. value of holdings goes up or down due to market conditions) will be permitted to remain as is until such
time as the player enters a new trade for that holding or portfolio. The Rules and Limitations will be re-enforced at time of such a new trade
with a general principle of not allowing the player to make the existing violation worse.
16. $300 BMFN Real Account Prize Winner, Selection and Notification:
The $300 prize will be awarded as a non-withdrawable free margin available for trading on UniTrader real accounts only. Any profit made on an account can only be withdrawn through Bank Wire Transfer. A maximum of $300 will be awarded to a participant at which point the account will be closed along with all remaining profits and all remaining equity. If a participant wins the prize more than one time, the combined prizes are summarized and become a non-withdrawable equity to trade. Prizes awarded to the same participant are limited to the amount of a maximum of two prizes per year. Internal transfers between Unitrader and any other platform provided by BMFN are not permitted. The Prize Winner may be published on official UniTrader channel on Twitter - UniTrader.com
after the security verification checkup is done. A Withdrawal fee of $100 for each prize from the UniTrader live account will apply.
17. General Conditions:
This Contest may not be used in connection with any form of gambling. By entering, Entrants release and hold harmless
BMFN and Boston UniSoft Technologies LLC and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for
any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly,
from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, participation in this promotion, or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating
in any prize-related activity. Entry into this Contest constitutes Entrant’s permission for UniTrader to send Entrant periodic emails during the
Contest Period relating to the Contest, and to send periodic emails after the Contest Period about future UniTrader Weekly Market Contests. Entry
into this Contest constitutes Entrant’s permission for UniTrader to publish Entrant’s UniTrader profile name, and contest net worth and ranking on
any UniTrader website, including on the Leader Boards and for promotional purposes throughout the Contest. Except where prohibited by law, a
winner’s acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for UniTrader to use such winner’s name, address (city and country only), statements,
photograph, voice and/or likeness for any advertising and promotional purposes relating to the Contest without further notice, compensation,
consideration, notification, review or consent.
By entering this Contest, Contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Site
throughout the Contest. Contestants further agree to be bound by the decisions of BMFN, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
UniTrader reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be, or ban from Contest Leader Boards any individual
it suspects may be, (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any UniTrader website; (b)
violating the Official Rules or any of the guidelines of the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules
or guidelines of any UniTrader property or service; (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten
or harass any other person; or (e) engaging in suspicious Contest activity. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL
TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD
SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE THE USER’S ACCOUNT, IF ANY, AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
19. Limitations of Liability:
UniTrader assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected, or garbled entries,
or for theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, entries. UniTrader assumes no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate
information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by
any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. UniTrader assumes no responsibility for any
error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network
or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, whether on account of technical
problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing, that may occur (including but
not limited to any such problems which may result in the ability to access the Contest Site or to process any Contest transaction(s) in connection
with the Contest). UniTrader assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage to Entrants or to any computer related to or resulting from
participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection
by computer virus, bugs, tampering, suspicious Contest activity, cheating, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any
other causes beyond the control of UniTrader which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct
of this Contest, UniTrader reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In addition,
should trading of any Contest Instruments be suspended, shortened, interrupted, modified, or cancelled for any reason, UniTrader reserves
the right at its sole discretion to award prizes as of the time the disruption takes place, or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend
By entering the Contest, you agree to UniTrader’s use of your personal information as described in UniTrader’s Privacy
Policy. UniTrader does not disclose any of your nonpublic personal information to nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted by law and except
as permitted and agreed under the Official Rules and Terms of Service. UniTrader may provide your personal information to a third-party in the following
instances: in compliance with a court order; in response to a subpoena or other judicial process; in response to regulatory inquiry/request; and to
protect against fraud, unauthorized transactions, or money laundering.